Are you suffering from tooth decay and dental erosion? If so, a hole in your tooth enamel also known as a cavity, could eventually form,. Stomping out the effects of cavities should not be understated. Here are some things you can do to prevent cavities:
– Eat a diet that is healthy and nutritious to make sure your smile is getting the key minerals it needs to keep your teeth and gums durable and healthy.
– Make it a habit to brush your teeth at least twice daily and to floss your teeth once daily.
– Avoid foods and substances that are sticky and chewy, which tend to remain in your mouth long after eating them and cause oral health disorders.
– Use cleaning products that are recommended or approved by your dentist.
– Use extra cleaning tools such as water flossers, mouthwash, and sugarless gum to help clean your mouth when brushing and flossing is not accessible or advised.
– Look for dental care products that come with the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which guarantees the safety and effectiveness of the products pass the highest standards in the industry.
– Schedule professional cleanings with your dentist every six months and schedule checkups as needed.
– Avoid harmful sugars that can turn into plaque buildup and harmful acids in your mouth, which are known to cause dental erosion.
No matter which cavity prevention treatment you desire, Dr. David Sudimack and our team at David Sudimack will make sure that your cavities are properly treated. To schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning at our dentist office in Las Cruces, New Mexico, please contact us at 575-522-7320. We look forward to seeing you smile bright this season.